EXCUSE ME, The Earth is NOT Alive!

Glen Beebakhee GBEEBAKH at botany.utoronto.ca
Thu Apr 13 18:04:23 EST 1995

.The Earth is not a living organism, it is merely a creation of God.
.If
.anyone is trying to get us, it would be God.  And I sure as heck know
.he
.is not trying to kill us because he could do it anytime he wanted in
.a microsecond.

.Thank You.  There, controversy ended.

Sorry the earth is just as alive as I am
P.S. God has better things to with her time than create indiviual
planets.

P.P.S. Viruses just as means by which nucleic acids replicate. What I
think we get hung up on is that we see this as selfish, but it will
replicate no matter what, even if it has to mutate beyond any
recognition of what it started out as.
There are so many levels at which you can study viruses at, though
this list seems predominatly concerned with viruses at the molecular
level. But I'm sure if you stood back a bit other patterns would
emerge and their effect in the evolution of other species will be
seen as signicant. So my babbling will end, and I think viruses
exibit a purpose( well more purpose than I seem to have)

P.P.P.S. Anyone looking for a graduate studen with limited experince
in plant viruses?