Need help on information abot Ebola

David Dawis dawi0002 at gold.tc.umn.edu
Thu Apr 13 13:51:06 EST 1995

On 13 Apr 1995 01:04:30 GMT,
Xing-Ping Liu  <liuxx051 at maroon.tc.umn.edu> wrote:

>Hi, My name is Gary Liu and I need some reference on Ebola FAST because
>my report is due in two weeks and I have nothing.  Does anyone know any
>nice, easy little book that contains some hard facts about the disease?
>I can't get a copy of "The Hot Zone" in anywhere.  Thanks.
>

>                                                        Gary Liu

A fellow "gopher"!  I was about to ask if there was a BioMed library at
your university, but I know that you do since we're in the same
neighborhood.  Here are some references:

"Emerging Viruses"  edited by Stephen Morse;
   (This one has a chapter on filoviruses and another chapter on
hemorrhagic viruses; check the references for more info.)
"The Coming Plague" by Laurie Garrett;

If you're on the East Bank campus, check Diehl Hall (BioMed Library); look
through the "Current Contents: Life Sciences" for keyword references to
Ebola or filoviruses.  You'll also want to check "Biological Abstracts"

If you're in St. Paul, the Veterinary Library carries many medical journals
as well.  The "Emerging Viruses" book is your best bet to start off on.

                                      Dave Dawis
                                      dawi0002 at gold.tc.umn.edu