Are Viruses Living?

BenC9 benc9 at aol.com
Sun Apr 16 13:52:18 EST 1995

I am a sophmore in high school who is participating in a debate on whether
viruses are living or not. I myself am arguing the point of view that they
are *NOT* living, that they exibit few of the life characteristics and are
essentially lifeless particles that bump into a cell receptor, and with
either RNA or DNA use the cell to reproduce themselves. Any information
you might have (either for or against my arguement) would be much
appreciated as I am interested to know just for my own edification as
well. TIA.

Ben Chambers
BenC9 at aol.com

P.S.  Please reply via email to save bandwidth on the net. Much
appreciated.