dahlia mosaic virus

Francisco Muril Zerbini fmzerbini at UCDAVIS.EDU
Wed Apr 19 13:42:57 EST 1995

On 19 Apr 1995 LANSMAN at vaxa.cis.uwosh.edu wrote:
> All you electronically oriented plant virologists.  I am an animal
> virologist trying to help a student writing a paper on inter-
> cellular transmission of dahlia mosaic virus.  Can you point us in
> the right direction to some relevant references?  Thanks.

I'm assuming that by "inter-cellular transmission" you mean "cell-to-cell
movement", right ? Well, dahlia mosaic is a Caulimovirus, and most of the
research on this group is done on Cauliflower mosaic virus (CaMV) by
Robert Shepherd's group at the Univ. of Kentucky (sp?). You might want to
check recent references on this virus (some good keywords would be CaMV,
cauliflower mosaic, caulimovirus). On cell-to-cell movement, check the
review paper by Lucas and Gilbertson on the Annual Review of
Phytopathology, 1994. It's not only on caulimoviruses (actually, most of
it is on geminiviruses, tobamoviruses and dyanthoviruses) but it will
certainly be a good source of references on caulimoviruses' movement.

Hope this helps.

| Murilo Zerbini                   | Out of 3,000,000,000 DNA nucleotides, |
| Dep. of Plant Pathology          | human beings and chimpanzees have     |
| University of California, Davis  | 2,999,400,000 in common.              |
| fmzerbini at ucdavis.edu            |                          Greg Blonder |