AIDS does not exist??

Ian A. York york at mbcrr.dfci.harvard.edu
Mon Apr 24 09:01:41 EST 1995

In article <maga-240495102829 at 130.60.120.18> maga at vetbio.unizh.ch (Giovanni Maga) writes:

>MINE). BTW, SHALL WE ALLOW REALLY THAT EVERYTHING COULD BE POSTED IN
>SCIENTIFIC NEWSGROUPS? ISN'T THAT THE TIME TO TRY TO MODERATE THEM?

I wish you hadn't said this . . .

There is a moderated AIDS list already.  This list is not moderated, and
seems to be working well enough.  However much we disagree with Lauritsen
(and I do) he has not been posting high volume here - at least recently -
or otherwise making the list unusable.  Since that's the case, trying to
stop his contribution ("contribution" if you prefer) is censorship based
on content, and I would strongly oppose that.

If you disagree with Lauritsen, you should do one of two things: either
ignore him (as most of us do) or debate his science.  If you do the
latter, I personally would prefer you do it privately, by Email (perhaps
posting a summary if you both wish); most of us have already heard all
his arguments, do not agree with him, and have lost interest in debating
with him for many reasons.

Ian

--
Ian York   (york at mbcrr.harvard.edu)
Phone (617)-632-3921     Fax  (617)-632-2627