titer of baculoviruses

Stefan Gruenwald grunwald at netcom.com
Tue Apr 25 19:13:12 EST 1995

Dear Herta:

Can you tell us a little bit more about how you obtained this extremely
high titer and how you determined it. I usually obtain titers up to
3x10(8) by infecting Sf9 or T.ni cells on plates. However, if you
infect cells in perfused bioreactors (CellCube, Costar for example), I
obtained titers up to 3 x 10(9). I have never obtained anything close
to 10(10) but I would be interested in knowing the exact conditions of
your experiment.

With best regards

Stefan Gruenwald
(PharMingen, San Diego, CA)

Herta STEINKELLNER (steink at mail.boku.ac.at) wrote: : Hi
everybody!
: In my baculovirus working stock I found a titer of more than 10 to the tenth
: (10 000 000 000) pfu / ml. Does anybody know if it is possible to habe such
: a high titer?
: The highest titer I found in literature is 5 times ten
: to the eighth (5x100 000 000).
: Thank you for your help
: Herta   IG