Books?

Henry S. Gibbons hsgibbon at unix.amherst.edu
Sat Apr 29 11:52:16 EST 1995

Mickman567 (mickman567 at aol.com) wrote:
: Hello, I am very interested in filoviruses.  I am inquiring if there are
: any good books about filoviruses in general or certain types...

A good introductory reference that I have just found is the following article:

Murphy, Frederick A.; Kiley, Michael P.; Fischer-Hoch, Susan P. "Filoviridae:
Marburg and Ebola Viruses" in _Virology_, eds. Bernard N. Fields and David M.
Knipe.  New York: Raven Press, 1990 pp. 933-944.

Although it lacks any information about the Reston virus, it's a good
intro to the Filoviruses.  This article is just one chapter in a 2500 page,
2-volume tome on virology in general, so you should be able to find out a
great deal about such things.  It is 5 years old, though, so you might check
at your library to see if they have come out with a third edition with updated
material.

Good luck!

Henry S. Gibbons