Maximum possible virus titers

Steven Poet poets at ccmail.orst.edu
Thu Aug 3 12:12:23 EST 1995

That seems like a pretty high dilution to me.  Are you sure your decimal
points are all in the right place?  I remember somewhere in the depths
of my memory that 10^17 poliovirus particles will fill a ping pong ball.
So I don't think 10^23 virus particles can be suspended in 1 ml of
cell culture medium.  I understand the difference between TCID50 and
absolute particle numbers, I'm just thinking intuitively.