Texts

Ed Rybicki ED at molbiol.uct.ac.za
Mon Aug 14 03:17:12 EST 1995

> From:          bap at med.pitt.edu (Bruce Phillips)
> Subject:       Texts

> 	Two fairly recent texts are worth consideration:
>
> 	(1)  VIROLOGY   Jay A Levy et al.  1994  Prentice Hall
>
> 	(2)  INTRODUCTION TO MODERN VIROLOGY  Dimmock and Primrose  1994
> Blackwell Press(?).
>
> 	I think particularly highly of the first because it is up to date and
> contains an appendix dealing with methods.

...and let us not forget "Principles of Molecular Virology", by Alan
J Cann (Academic Press, 1993, ISBN 0-12-158531-X).  Short, compact,
CHEAPER than most, most lucidly written.  I have prescribed it for my
2nd and 3rd yr students since it came out.

 |     Ed Rybicki, PhD      |  ed at molbiol.uct.ac.za   |
 |    Dept Microbiology     | University of Cape Town |
 | Private Bag, Rondebosch  |   7700, South Africa    |
 |   fax: x27-21-650 4023   | phone: x27-21-650-3265  |
 ------WWW URL: http://www.uct.ac.za/microbiology------

"And then one day you find, ten years have got behind you"