Ebola cure found (??)

Ed Rybicki ED at molbiol.uct.ac.za
Wed Aug 16 02:30:24 EST 1995

> I don't know the source, but I saw on one of our tele-text services
> that the recent outbreak of Ebola-Zaire had actually helped to find a
> cure.
>
> The two paragraph article said that the cure was based on injection of
> a blood product extract (??) from survivors of preivous Ebola-Zaire
> oubreaks.

Serum from those who had recovered was administered to 8 sick people;
7 of whom recovered (against 6 expected).  Antibodies, pure and
simple.

 |     Ed Rybicki, PhD      |  ed at molbiol.uct.ac.za   |
 |    Dept Microbiology     | University of Cape Town |
 | Private Bag, Rondebosch  |   7700, South Africa    |
 |   fax: x27-21-650 4023   | phone: x27-21-650-3265  |
 ------WWW URL: http://www.uct.ac.za/microbiology------

"And then one day you find, ten years have got behind you"