The HIV/Ebola mistake

Don Haut c601591 at
Wed Aug 23 11:08:51 EST 1995

In article <9CE925E74DE at>, JOHANN72 at IDA.RUC.DK wrote:

> With all due respect, the experts (that is you virologist-guys), you
> didn't see HIV as much of a threat 15 years ago. I pray, that you are
> not about to make the same mistake with Ebola. The consequenses would be
> too terrifying.

Actually, most scientist DID understand the HIV threat 15 years ago.  The
US Gov.  did not see the threats and that is because HIV is mainly
associated with copulation (in it's many forms).  The US Gov. (like most)
does not deal with such things well.

Don Haut
Molecular Microbiology and Immunology
University of Missouri-Columbia