The Ebola virus - the end of the civilized world

Ed Rybicki ED at molbiol.uct.ac.za
Thu Aug 24 02:22:09 EST 1995

> From:          robsereno at aol.com (Rob Sereno)
> Subject:       Re: The Ebola virus - the end of the civilized world

> (I hope this is quoting...) Although Ebola does kill 90 percent of its
> victims, it does not infect the entire population of an area (as
> demonstrated in Kikwit).  The town of Kikwit has a population of 500,000
> and extremely poor medical treatment centers, and yet only 300 people died
> there.  That is not anywhere near 90 percent of the entire population.

A simple yet very obvious statement of the facts...so if 499 700
people in Kikwit DIDN'T get Ebola, why are Americans so worried????

Take the hint, people!

 |     Ed Rybicki, PhD      |  ed at molbiol.uct.ac.za   |
 |    Dept Microbiology     | University of Cape Town |
 | Private Bag, Rondebosch  |   7700, South Africa    |
 |   fax: x27-21-650 4023   | phone: x27-21-650-3265  |
 ------WWW URL: http://www.uct.ac.za/microbiology------

"And then one day you find, ten years have got behind you"