The Ebola virus - the end of the civilize

PANGELETTI at bmg.bhs.uab.edu PANGELETTI at bmg.bhs.uab.edu
Fri Aug 25 10:16:29 EST 1995

            Score

          Ed     dipwit
         _____________
         |  1  |  0   |
         |____________|

> >undoubtable,......
> >Indeed, Ebola is the mightiest threat mankind has faced yet.<<<<<
> >
> >Hmm...Wouldn't you consider AIDS as a much bigger threat to
> >mankind????
> >
> >Robert

> No because AIDS is a behavior driven disease.  The majority of the
> world's population is heterosexual and unless we all started to consort
> with drug addicts or hookers, or become hemophiliacs, there isn't much
> of a chance AIDS will affect the majority of us.

You are a DIPWIT of the first order...there are approximately 11 000
000 people of both sexes (pretty evenlyt spread) estimated to be
infected with HIV in sub-Saharan Africa ALONE - and I would estimate
that only a vanishingly small number of them are, or have sexually
consorted with, drug addicts; a SMALL number of them are
haemophiliacs; most of them will not be or will not have consorted
with, prostitutes.  HIV/AIDS is a disease of NORMAL PEOPLE - who
consort NORMALLY with other NORMAL people, who MAY have had the
misfortune to have had intimate contact with someONE who had
contracted the disease.  And in Africa, it is NOT via infected blood
products or by needle abuse; it is by sex.  DON'T assume because in
the US the disease is PRESENTLY mainly limited to IV drug abusers /
haemophiliacs / prostitutes / gays that it will not become an
ordinary heterosexual STD.  You don't have that security.

 |     Ed Rybicki, PhD      |  ed at molbiol.uct.ac.za   |
 |    Dept Microbiology     | University of Cape Town |
 | Private Bag, Rondebosch  |   7700, South Africa    |
 |   fax: x27-21-650 4023   | phone: x27-21-650-3265  |
 ------WWW URL: http://www.uct.ac.za/microbiology------

"And then one day you find, ten years have got behind you"