XENOTRANSPLANTATION

Richard P. Lalonde lalondep at mindspring.com
Sat Aug 26 23:26:14 EST 1995

You are right about the previous baboon heart transplant.  I remember it a few
years back. But I really don't know too much of the details.  I think the
guy eventually died of complications. Also, I do believe (?) that they are
also using pig heart valves in transplantation.There have been no real
incidences YET of major impact. With the advancement of genetic engineering,
who knows what is soon to be possible. Maybe even the emergence of a
genetically engineered species, to be used specifically for organ donation. I
know this sounds crazy, but who knows what lies in the future. Just think of
what was deemed impossible 100 years ago. All I know is that we need to be
prepared for anything.

Anybody else have an opinion. I think this to be an interesting topic.
Don't you :) ?

Nicole