Ebola questions?

Joehanso joehanso at badlands.NoDak.edu
Wed Aug 30 12:09:12 EST 1995

	I got to admit that I am not a virologist or anything and my only
training about virus diseases came from a NBC class in that Marines.  I
guess what I'd like some more information about is the following:

1.	I know that most of the time when a mutation occurs, the virus i
more or less degenerated into someting less harmful or requiring a vector
that is harder to come into contact with.  Is it possible that something
like Ebola could become an airborne vector with time?

2.	Ebola from what I've heard is along the lines of hemoragic
fever.  What are other types of diseases that produce the same symptoms
and are there any cures or vaccines.

3.	Given the information I heard about genetic splicing, is it
possible for some nut-case to transfer the Ebola virus into something
like a flu virus for NBC warfare?  Not necessarily a US project, but
something a rouge government might try.

	Like I said, I have little to no experience in this area, but
just a general curiosity about it all.  Maybe someone out there can fill
me in on these questions.  Thanks in advance.

					Sincerily,
					Scott A. Bartz