WANTED: Extensive textbook on general virology.

MATTHEW FRANCIS WETTLAUFER mattw at sfsu.edu
Sun Dec 3 23:38:39 EST 1995

Lienhard Mack (Lienhard.Mack at hamburg.netsurf.de) wrote:
: I'm a high school student interested in virology.
: I'm looking for an extensive textbook or tutorial on general and molecular
: virology (printed media preferred, but online WWW / TeX would also be OK).
: If anyone knows about such a publication, please post a message containing
: a book title or internet address to this newsgroup.
:
: 				Thank you very much,
: 				Lienhard Mack
: 				(email: Lienhard.Mack at hamburg.netsurf.de)

A good book is David White and Frank Fenner's Medical Virology,
Academic Press, New York, NY, 1994 (4th. edition).  It is less expensive
than Field's and is extremely comprehensive.

Matt Wettlaufer
SFSU/Virology, Microbiology