Lipofection of 293 cell line with large plasmid DNA; help req.

Jack Guida guida at aecom.yu.edu
Sat Dec 9 07:29:04 EST 1995

Obaid,

We have been using lipofectin from GIBCO/BRL for some time now with good
results, make sure that you dont have any antibiotics in the media during
the transfection.  Also, don't leave the lipofectin on for more than 12
hours, the 293s are very sensitive to it.  You could check this paper for
more information:  Biotechniques 15:868-872 (1993).  Good Luck

  Jack D. Guida
  Dept. of Microbiology and Immunology
  Albert Einstein College of Medicine
  guida at aecom.yu.edu