Moderation

PANGELETTI at bmg.bhs.uab.edu PANGELETTI at bmg.bhs.uab.edu
Sat Dec 16 15:40:44 EST 1995

Steven_H Harwood <harwoods at AVA.BCC.ORST.EDU> wrote:

>>This newsgroup needs moderation.  I would volunteer but have no idea
>>about how to go about it.  Do any other virology people feel the same
>>way?  Does anyone want to volunteer to be moderator?  Does anyone know
>>how to set it up?

Ian York:

>I don't think things are that bad in bionet.virology yet.  There are
>waves of off-topicality, but in the long run the signal/noise ratio is
>pretty good.  We're in the middle of a bad stretch now, but hunker down
>and wait it out; it will go away.

I agree, it's not really that bad.  I think as you spend more time on
this group it becomes easy to weed out the nonsense w/o getting too
annoyed.  I think moderation would dampen some of the free-form that
sparks lively interaction.

Talk on.

Peter C. Angeletti
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Adenovirus replication and host interaction
Pangeletti at bmg.bhs.uab.edu