FIBROPAPILLOMAS WEBSITE

Ursula Keuper-Bennett howzit at io.org
Mon Dec 18 20:08:53 EST 1995

Hello,

Anyone interested in information dealing with fibropapilloma tumours in
green turtles may wish to visit the new sections of Turtle trax dealing
with this disease.

We have created a page entitled Sickbay, and have added to it an essay
attempting to link eutrophication with high incidence of the tumour
disease. Presently science leans towards a viral cause for this
potentially fatal disease and so virologists may find it of interest.
You can reach this article by pointing your browser at:

   http://www.io.org/~bunrab/tumoursa.htm

We have combined our observations with our review of papers and articles
from numerous sources and presented our conclusions about why
fibropapilloma tumours infect such a high percentage of the turtles we
observe. In this regard, we'd like to thank those who have responded
over the past few months to our queries here and elsewhere.

We have also added pathology pages to the Sickbay. These pages contain
photos of various tumours. One page focuses exclusively on eye tumours,
and features eight enlarged close-ups of turtle eyes with varying stages
of tumour growth. The second page has six images of turtles with severe
eye, mouth, and throat tumours. These pages were originally prepared as
a result of a request for such pathology images. We hope that they will
be of some use to those of you studying the disease.

You can find the pathology pages by starting at:

   http://www.io.org/~bunrab/sickbay.htm

For those wishing a diversion from viruses and disease, we suggest that
you take a look at the Trax special cartoon, Howzit's Letter to Santa.
It's our way of thanking various US government agencies that have been
helpful in our quests for information. You can find this by starting at
the Turtle Trax front page:

   http://www.io.org/~bunrab

                      ^                  Ursula Keuper-Bennett
                     0 0                 Mississauga, Ontario
            /V^\     I I    /^V\         Email: howzit at io.org
          /V     Turtle Trax    V\
        /V      Forever Green     V\     http://www.io.org/~bunrab