Reconstruct virus/phage?

W. Hammerschmidt hammers at gsf.de
Wed Dec 20 14:19:05 EST 1995

In article <hamel.819476001 at pollux>, hamel at cc.umanitoba.ca (Andre Hamel) wrote:

> Is anyone aware of any publication references regarding reconstruction of
> viruses or phage from recombinant bits?
>
> For example, transfecting cells with various parts of phage genome and
> obtaining complete, viable phage (as result of recombinant in the host cell).
>
> I did a Medline search but I suspect that the keywords that I had used
> were not adequate.
>
> Many thanks,
>

>                 ------------------------------------
>      Andre Hamel                   email: hamel at cc.umanitoba.ca
>      (Scientist)        tel: 204/945-7630     FAX: 204/945-8062
>   Virology Laboratory,  Animal Health Centre
>   Manitoba Government  Department of Agriculture
>   545 University Crescent,  Winnipeg, Manitoba,  CANADA   R3T 5S6

Andre,

      you might check 'Robertson, E., and E. Kieff. 1995. Reducing the
complexity of the transforming Epstein-Barr virus genome to 64 kilobase
pairs. J. Virol. 69:983-993' and previous papers by E. Kieff's group.
Similarly, pseudorabies virus can be reassembled by just transfecting
partially overlapping cosmid clones into cells.

Good luck searching,

Wolfgang

--
Forschungszentrum fuer Umwelt und Gesundheit
Institut fuer Klinische Molekularbiologie und Tumorgenetik