Been diagnosed Hep. C, need reliable info, PLEASE!

Alain Couture Alain.Couture at gmn.ulaval.ca
Tue Dec 26 13:12:53 EST 1995

I have tested positive to the hep. C virus 2 weeks ago along with high
hepatic enzymes. Since then, I had a liver echography which was negative,
i.e. showing no damage. This has been diagnosed by a general practicioner
and I will not see a gastroenterologist until January 10. I must have
contracted the virus between 1981 and 1884. I imagine I would be
classified as chronic asymptomatic. Still, I am very worried and have many
questions left unanswered:

What about transmission of the disease? Are my wife and two kids in danger
(been faithfully married for the last 10 years)?

Does it necessarily end up in cirrhosis or liver cancer if not eradicated.
What have been the best score up to now?

What are my chances of getting rid of it (I am 38 and otherwise healthy)?

I have had headaches for the last 5-7 years and I have felt more tired
than usual for the last 3-4 years. Does it have something to do with it?

Can anyone try Interferon?

As you can see, I have made my homework but I am desperate for more
information. If you have any reliable information, please let me know.

Many thanks in advance

Alain Couture

--
Alain Couture