Death of Bernie Fields

Charles H Calisher CCalisher at VINES.COLOSTATE.EDU
Thu Feb 2 00:08:14 EST 1995

Bernie Fields was a Medical Officer assigned to my lab at CDC from 1967-68.
He was warm, intelligent, charming, hard-working and fun to be with.  He
developed into a great scientist.  I am shocked at the news of his death
because I had heard he was doing well and had chatted with him briefly at the
ASV in Madison last summer.  If anyone out there can tell me details of
funeral or memorial service, would you please let me know at your earliest
convenience.

I'm going to have a drink.

Charlie Calisher