Forget Ebola-what about the flu?

Steve Quan squan at ix.netcom.com
Wed Feb 15 15:01:17 EST 1995

Just your pesky amateur again.  I'm wondering about all the fuss over
Ebola.  We all know I'm not a scientist and may be way off base here -
But, the little I've read implies that Ebola is not airborne(except for
the type that took out the monkeys -and only the monkeys- in The Hot
Zone).  So, as horrible and deadly as it is, doesn't that make it more
difficult to "catch?"  I was wondering if it isn't more likely that the
next big threat would be more flu-like.  Isn't that a virus that mutates
every year?  Given enough time couldn't it mutate into something
really new? Added to the enormous amount of modern travel it would
certainly spread quickly.

So, am I even close?  Thanks for your patience.

-Mo Quan