Questions on Baculovirus system

Huseyin Kucuktas kucukhu at
Fri Jan 6 23:56:20 EST 1995

	I am trying to express a protein which is supposed to be a
product of a 5406 bp DNA fragment. However the actual ORF is small and
the gene reads on the complementary strand.

	1-  Maximum how many extra bases I can have before the ATG
codon of my "gene"?
	2-  It appears that I do not have a lot of desirable restriction
sites around the beginning of the ORF, how am I going to get rid of the
extra bases?
	3-  I am planning to use polyhedrin promoter based vectors. The
kits that the companies sell are very expensive (almost $500 for 5
transfections). Which one is the best choice? Is occ based selection too

	Thanks for the help!