POSTDOC OFFER

jean-yves sgro sgro at rhino.bocklabs.wisc.edu
Thu Jan 19 11:51:14 EST 1995

A dear Collegue at the Institute of Structural Biology (IBS)
in Grenoble, France is looking for a postdoc who is knowledgeable
of ESCAPE MUTANTS preparation. The virus she works on is ADENOVIRUS
specifically the FIBRE (external). See for instance:

AUTHOR(s):       Kidd, Alistair H.
                 Chroboczek, Jadwiga
                 Cusack, Stephen
TITLE(s):        Adenovirus Type 40 Virions Contain Two Distinct Fibers.

           In:   Virology.
                 JAN 01 1993 v 192 n 1
         Page:   73

Time frame is for an initial 1 year appointment that would be
finaced by an E.M.B.O. fellowship

GRENOBLE is an Olympic town (Olympics 1968) which is at the foot
of the Northern French Alps, with a very active scientific community
in Physics and biology. Numerous research institute are located there
of which the IBS is one of the newest. Grenoble is an exciting place
to live both by the intensity of scientific research and community
but also by the geographical location: 45 minutes will take you
to the ski slopes and 5 hours to the French Riviera etc etc. I have
done my Ph.D. in Grenoble and can tell you all this with confidence!

Here are some markers on the World Wide Web to find more
information about this exciting opportunity and place:

FRANCE:		http://web.urec.fr/france/france.html
GRENOBLE:	http://www.grenet.fr/gid/
GRENOBLE (same but in English)
		http://www.grenet.fr/gid/anglais/index.html
PICTURE OF SITE:http://www.grenet.fr/gid/anglais/avenir.html
RESEARCH CENTERS IN GRENOBLE, INCLUDING  I.B.S.:
		http://www.grenet.fr/gid/plaquette/centrerech.html

European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL)EMBL:
		http://www.embl-heidelberg.de/Index.html
European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO):
		http://www.embl-heidelberg.de/ExternalInfo/embo/

English is widely spoken in those Research centers and many foreigner
are indeed working there (British, Polish, Germans, Swiss, Americans,
Australians etc etc etc.) so language should not be seen as a barrier.

If you are interested you can contact my collegue Wisia Chroboczek
directly at:

	wisia at ibs.fr

	76-88-54-94 FAX  (Country code for France is 33)

Sincerely Yours,

Jean-Yves Sgro, Ph.D.
Assistant Scientist

Institute for Molecular Virology