Effects of pathogens on sperm production.... :-?

Frode Skarstein frodes at ibg.uit.no
Fri Jan 20 05:04:48 EST 1995

Hi all!

I was wondering... is there anyone out there with references to work
documenting parasitic effects upon sperm quality/counts? I am interested
in any reference, but I would be most excited about references to
macroparasites not situated in the gonads affecting sperm production,
i.e., some kind of indirect parasitic manipulation scenario, where it
isn't the direct damage upon the host's gonadial tissues that causes the
infuence on sperm production, but rather some kind of host reallocation of
resources/metabolites away from testes that is the causal factor.

If people are interested and I get some references, I'll post a summary of
the responces I get.

Thanks in advance!

sincerely,
Frode, frodes at ibg.uit.no