W.C. Wilson

Lyle Najita najital at rockvax.rockefeller.edu
Fri Jan 20 17:36:20 EST 1995

In article <9501192013591.DLITE.sarah23 at delphi.com>, sarah23 at delphi.com
(Sarah Brice) wrote:

> Is Hepatitis Non A, Non B the same as Hepatitis C, or are we talking about
> two seperate conditions?
>

> Sarah
>
> Never try to teach a pig to sing.
> It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

The nonA, nonB Hepatitis as a category is rapidly becoming obsolete as we
gain a better understanding of exactly how many different hepatotropic
viruses there are out there. The true experts can correct me if I'm wrong,
as I remember it, nonA, nonB (strictly defined) refers to lack of
reactivity when screened for antibodies to HepA capsid or HepB surface
antigen. That being the case, HCV, HDV, HEV, etc. would all fall into this
category.

Lyle
My opinions are my own and given freely. As such they are worth exactly
what you paid for them.