Question about salmonella contracted from pet turtles.

Tom Flynn phelix at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jan 24 00:30:25 EST 1995

To all:

I am a writer doing a story in which a few people contract a violent
strain of salmonella from handling pet turtles. I am curious about any
information that you might have for a layman. A doctor must explain the
symptoms and indications to a relative in the story (which is a comedy,
by the way). Any help in this regard would be appreciated. Also, if you
might know where the point of origin for turtles of this kind would be,
please advise as well.

I hope there is someone out there who can help me. Thanks for your time.

Tom Flynn