hepatitis G virus

Len profpuk at werple.mira.net.au.
Thu Jul 6 08:32:03 EST 1995

In article <Pine.SOL.3.91.950705134324.10557A-100000 at com1>
sspecter at COM1.MED.USF.EDU (Steven Specter) writes:

> There is a publication from Abbott Labs on GB virus(es).  One of the
> authors should be I. Mushahwar.  Try to search current contents with the
> author's name
>
> Steven Specter
>

> On Tue, 4 Jul 1995, Naveed Panjwani wrote:
>
> > "A.Khromykh" <A.Khromykh at mailbox.uq.oz.au> wrote:
> > >
> > > Looking for information on human hepatitis G virus
> > >

> > Medline brings up nothing on GB agent, so could someone please point
> > me in the direction of some refrences as to this potential new virus.
> >
> > Thanks, Naveed.
> >

> > There are currently at least 4 recent articles on the GB agents. The first appeared in an April PNAS issue and relates to GB-A and GB-B (these are probable tamarind hepatitis agents). The next appears in either April or May J Med Virol and again
really sticks to GB-A and GB-B (the seuence data is in Genbank).The
third is an editorial in a May issue of the Lancet by Arie Zuckermann
which gives a nice overview of the GB story including "historical"
articles. The fourth article appears in the June issue of Nature
Medicine. This article talks about GB-C - this is probably a new human
hepatitis agent. This also includes very limited sequence data to the
putative NS3 gene (Genbank includes this data and also another extended
area). We have designed some primers and are trying to get them to
work. Anyone else doing the same thing? And if any of you Abbott dudes
are reading this - when can we expect to see the whole genome and an
antibody test - that can't really be too big a secret! Any other
articles I would be very grateful to hear about.
By the way what happened to Hepatitis F which appeared in Dec/Jan J
virol anyone working on it? or got any sequence data?