Aids and Ozone

Andrea Dennis - Medaphis Production adennis
Wed Jul 12 09:12:33 EST 1995

As far as Ozone having a direct treatment effect on HIV, I doubt that a
treatment really is effective. But, what does it hurt?
It is becoming increasingly evident, however,  throughout the
scientific community that the depletion of the ozone layer is having a direct
effect on the emergence and re-emergence of viruses. Of course this has all
kinds of implications. How many different things do we know of deplete the
ozone layer? All kinds of things. Every tree that's cut down, pollution,
hairspray, the list could go on forever. And even those things increase the
likelihood of emergence and re-emergence. Look at the rainforest. Every
area that's cleared exposes species to new viruses. That's how HIV came
about in the first place. So, yes, the depletion of the ozone layer does
directly affect people...And, just a reminder, without ozone, we would
not have a planet condusive to life, especially human life. We would not
be able to breathe. We would fry from the exposure of Ultraviolet rays
from the sun. Ozone is definitely important.