HGE

Francisco Muril Zerbini fmzerbini at UCDAVIS.EDU
Fri Jul 14 20:23:03 EST 1995

On 14 Jul 1995, Bruce Phillips wrote:

> 	And thanks too to Mark Hyman.  With my patience quotient on the rise,
> I was just about to ask what HGE stood for.  I recollect faintly that
> Ehrlichia is a genus of Enterobacteriaceae but usually cause plant diseases??
> Is any of this correct?

I don't know about Ehrlichia taxonomy, but the member of
Enterobacteriaceae that causes plant diseases is Erwinia.

Murilo
| Murilo Zerbini                   | Out of 3,000,000,000 DNA nucleotides, |
| Dep. of Plant Pathology          | human beings and chimpanzees have     |
| University of California, Davis  | 2,999,400,000 in common.              |
| fmzerbini at ucdavis.edu            |                                       |