Ebola Zaire

Chris A. Pella frog at prairienet.org
Tue Jul 18 04:22:13 EST 1995

Sorry if this question is not a challenge but I really dont know a
whole lot about virology. I just finished reading Richard Preston's
book and he states that after the paitient dies from Ebola, the virus
just turns off, or becomes inactive, and waits for a new living host
to come along to inhabit. Now from what I had read and thought I understood
from other journals the virus is eradicated, when it kills its host.
Which one is it?

Preston's book is confusing me because it seems to be saying
that if a person dies from Ebola, the virus will wait in the cadaver
forever for another host to come along.

Thanks for any info, I would greatly appreciate it.