Diff. Eqn. governing the spread of a retro-virus infection?

brett brett at BORCIM.WUSTL.EDU
Wed Jul 19 15:34:21 EST 1995

>I once heard a talk by Cooper (the Physics Nobel Laurate) about a system
>of differential equations governing retro-virus infections.  Does anybody
>know of a good reference for this specific subject, or even the application
>of the theory of differential equations to the study of viral infections.
>
>Please respond by email since I am not a regular subscriber to this newsgroup.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>--
>Birne Binegar
>Mathematics Department, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 74078, USA
>Email: binegar at math.okstate.edu    Tel. 405-744-5789   Fax. 405-744-8275

No references at hand, but I do recall seeing many papers on this subject
within the past 3 years in The Journal of Theoretical Biology. A medline
search should turn up the sources you desire. Good luck.

Brett Lindenbach

Program in Immunology
Washington University - St Louis
brett at borcim.wustl.edu