let's get a virus FAQ going

Tommy Beach austin at netcom.com
Sat Jul 22 01:08:03 EST 1995

I think a FAQ should be created for this group.  I went to: news.answers
and I couldn't find one so I suspect one hasn't been created.

I personally feel an FAQ should cover the following:

What is a virus?
Are viruses alive?
What is the difference between a virus and a bacterium?
Can you be cured of a virus by any medical means?
What is an inoculation and how does it work?
What is influenza?
Do flu shots work?
How do you know if you have a virus?
What is a retro-virus?
What is a level I, II, III, IV virus?
Can viruses be put to good use?

I would be willing to put it together but I am not a virologist.  To do
it right, a virologist would have to either put it together or cross
check my work.  Perhaps others could contribute to this thread any
questions they may feel a FAQ should have regarding viruses.

Tommy Beach