Has anyone read this book?

Tommy Beach austin at netcom.com
Sat Jul 22 00:49:10 EST 1995

	I thought it was written well from a dramatic standpoint
	but it failed in that it anthropormorhized viruses in
	general giving ebolai a quasi-conscious identity.  The
	author made comments like, "...a virus does not want to kill
	its host." As if the virus' had a game plan in that they
	are seeking to survive and try to plan their attack.

	Viruses are nothing more than packets of information
	containing DNA or RNA.  They are not alive and cannot be
	"killed" but only rendered unviable.

	Tommy Beach

Samantha Fetter (fetter at mhv.net) wrote:
: Hi, I just started checking this group out...
: Has anyone here read "The Hot Zone" by Richard Preston?
: I just finished it 2 nights ago, and I thought it was
: just incredible... I highly recommend it...
: If others have read it, what do you think of it?

: Samantha
: mom to Chloe 08/22/92 and Mikela 05/07/95