Hot Zone/Coming Plague

Samantha Fetter fetter at mhv.net
Sun Jul 23 13:38:53 EST 1995

edregis at aol.com (EdRegis) wrote:

> Fans of the Preston and Garrett books should take a look at a truly
> brilliant piece in the New Republic that debunks some of the more
> outlandish claims in these books, for example Preston's idea that the
> Ebola virus is planet Earth's way of cleansing itself of unwanted human
> beings.
<snip>
Thanks for the book recommendation.
I just had to comment on your mention of Preston's outlandish claim
as said above.  I think that it is an interesting notion... that
the earth has "self-defense" mechanisms, so to speak.. that the
rainforests have certain viruses that it harbors, and when destroyed,
the 'offenders' encounter it <note the lack of the phrase "attacked
by" <gring>> .. I'm not saying that it's a true idea, of course...
I'm just saying that it made me think about it for a little,...

Samantha
momma to Chloe 08/22/92 and Mikela 05/07/95