Idea for Ebola Vaccine

Chris da Costa bd588 at FreeNet.Carleton.CA
Tue Jul 25 21:40:49 EST 1995

Dave Peters (dpeters) writes:
> I've been wondering....
> Could the Reston form of Ebola somehow be the key to a vaccine for the
> deadly Ebola Zaire virus? Edward Jenner used the cowpox virus to make a
> vaccine for the similar smallpox virus. Could the Reston form of Ebola
> that does not affect humans somehow be used to vaccinate people against
> Ebola Zaire? Please post your comments.

Hello,
   An interesting point, and Jenner is one example of when it worked, but
I think this may have already been checked out. But, I'm not sure about
that. You may be on to something.

-Chris

--
-Chris da Costa                    |     "There's something happening here,
** bd588 at freenet.carleton.ca **    |       what it is ain't exactly clear"