The Plague Monkeys?

g1687jkarh at umbsky.cc.umb.edu g1687jkarh at umbsky.cc.umb.edu
Thu Jul 27 09:05:17 EST 1995

     In one of the popular "Ebola books" (The Coming Plague?) it was
mentioned that the putting of viral matter in transplants from primate
to human, especially if to a human with a weakened immune system, could
result in an "Outbreak scenario".

     We now have an excellent opportunity to test this assumption, as cells
from baboons are now being put into AIDS patients (I heard something to this
effect somewhere in the news). Could someone reference either a peer reviewed
article containing the idea that this could be risky, or describing the
proposed baboon cell treatment?