HIV sequence from virus

James Scutero jscutero at
Fri Jun 9 10:15:42 EST 1995

In article <3r7gme$c20 at>
tmiller at (Todd Miller - Pharmacology) writes:
>In article <3r7bdh$gc9 at>, A.J.Cann <nna at> wrote:
>>Many HIV RNA sequences have been derived by limit-dilution RT-PCR of
>>virus particles. They do show significant differences from the prevalent
>>(DNA) provirus sequences at any one time. Check out the may references
>>by A.Leigh-Brown & P.Simmonds, Edinburgh University.
>I looked at the most recent article in January J Inf Diseases and
>was referred back to a 1990 paper by the same authors for methods.
>All the methods used proviral DNA.
>No more wild goose chases for me.  I'm convinced that there is no
>sequence data derived from particles, and when this is considered
>along with the absence of EM's of pure HIV, I have to doubt it's

What do you call the EM photos of free HIV in Virology 189:700 (1992)?

>Why isn't this data available?  All you thousands of
>scientists working on this and no one can provide me this info.

Why would anyone deal with you at all? People cite references to EM photos
of free HIV and you continue to say that HIV does not exist.
-James M. Scutero, original proponent of WWW homepage:
 (where you can only find a diagram of the structural proteins of HIV)