First EM photo of HIV on the internet!

Todd Miller - Pharmacology tmiller at newssun.med.miami.edu
Mon Jun 12 22:57:29 EST 1995

James,

	Could you please provide some information as to the
methods used in preparing the material seen in this EM?  Is
it taken from a journal article?

	The reason I ask is that I have been told that the
reason there are no EM's of HIV isolated on sucrose gradients
is because the material is not "pretty" and would not get by
the reviewers, who are often kind of picky about EM's.  If
this picture is from material isolated on sucrose gradients,
has the person who provided it tried to publish it?

	Thanks for any further information.

Todd Miller, PhD