requests for info

muriel lederman mstorrie at vt.edu
Thu Jun 15 10:36:32 EST 1995

In all honesty, I'm getting awfully tired of requests for information that
say "Please tell me everything you know about virus XYZ" or "Please tell me
where to start looking for information about virus XYZ". When these come
from (obvious) children, I cut them a little slack. When the seems to come
from members of the academic community (as evidenced by a ".edu") or an
adult (".com") I start to lose my cool. Doesn't anyone think of using a
library any more??? Go in and look up "Virology, General" or "Virus XYZ" in
what passes for a card catalog these days.

Muriel Lederman           lederman at vt.edu     703.231.5702 (phone)
Department of Biology                         703.231.9307 (fax)
Virginia Tech
Blacksburg VA 24061-0406