encephalomyocarditis virus

Dirk Jochmans dirk.jochmans at chaos.kulnet.kuleuven.ac.be
Thu Jun 15 09:02:54 EST 1995

I need a method for producing a lot of encephalomyocarditis virus,
not for biological tests but to detect viral proteins in SDS-PAGE.
I have tried infection and extraction of L929 cells,
and the celsupernatans had viral activity but not
enough to detect VP's in an SDS-PAGE (CBB staining).
I'd rather not work with [35S]-Met, because I want to
stain the proteins after Western Blot with [125I]-Ab.
So I probably have to concentrate the thing one way or another,
but how?

please send help to
 dirk.jochmans at chaos.kulnet.kuleuven.ac.be