EBOLA virus

Ian A. York york at mbcrr.dfci.harvard.edu
Tue Jun 27 07:57:45 EST 1995

In article <mjpst34.1.2FEFF475 at kchk.ch.pwr.wroc.pl> mjpst34 at kchk.ch.pwr.wroc.pl (MAREK LOSE) writes:
>I would be interested in any information about Ebola virus from all over the
>world. I am due to writing an essay on this subject so I would
>appreciate variety of information.

Haven't posted this in a while, so I suppose it's due.  Here is a list of
Ebola sources on the internet (compiled by Robert Hessler).

But first, here are some general virology introductions (particular
thanks to Ed Rybicki, and many congrats on your new baby):
http://www.uct.ac.za/microbiology/virtut1.html
http://www.uct.ac.za/microbiology/
http://www.bocklabs.wisc.edu/Tutorial.html

Ebola information:
Re: EBOLA - WEBSITES
====================

Here are the links to EBOLA information that I have found on the net:

http://www.bocklabs.wisc.edu/outbreak.html
    Most current info including WHO releases and Reuters News articles

http://www.who.ch/
http://www.who.ch/programmes/cds/ebola.html
    World Health Organization's Ebola info page

http://www.nando.net/newsroom/nt/world.html
    Click on their Ebola link to get other links and information

http://ichiban.objarts.com/ebola/bibsearch.html
	Ebola bibliography with close to 200 entries

http://www.cdc.gov/
    The Centers for Disease Control home page
    (select "What's New" from menu)

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/ncid.htm
    The Nation Center for Infectious Diseases

http://www.apocalypse.org/pub/u/davido/ebola.html
http://ichiban.objarts.com/ebola/ebola.html
httP://outcast.gene.com/ae/WN/SU/ebola_infection.htm
    Several attempts to create a master page for links to the Ebola outbreak

http://outcast.gene.com/ae/WN/NM/interview_murphy.html
    Interview with Dr. Frederick Murphy, one of the first Ebola
    researchers. Includes some electron-microsope views of the beastie
    and a bibliography.

http://www.bocklabs.wisc.edu/ebola.html
    Another reading list

http://www.bocklabs.wisc.edu/outbreak.html
    Info on, what else, the Ebola outbreak

http://www.uct.ac.za/microbiology/ebola.html
    EMERGING AND RE-EMERGING VIRUSES: AN ESSAY
    By Alison Jacobson
    Department of Microbiology
    University of Cape Town
    Essay on all the new bugs that are going to kill us

http://www.uct.ac.za/microbiology/ebopage.html
    Links to other info, and general Ebola information

gopher://gopher.stolaf.edu:70/00/Internet%20Resources/
US-State-Department-Travel-Advisories/Current-Advisories/zaire
    Latest State Dept. advisory on Zaire; basically says: RUN AWAY!

gopher://gopher.bio.net/
    Searchable archives of a variety of biology-related mailing lists,
    some of which have Ebola discussions.

bionet.virology
sci.med
clari.news.africa
    useful Usenet groups

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/Libs/PCL/Map_collection/africa/Zaire.GIF
    Map of Zaire, shows location of Kikwit (map's about 256K in size)

//------------------------------------------------------------------
// Robert Hessler, MD, FACEP
// Assistant Director, Emergency Services
// Bellevue Hospital and NYU Medical Center
// 462 First Ave
// NY, NY  10016
// 212-562-3346 voice   212-562-3001 FAX

Date: Tue, 23 May 95 05:35:58 +0000
From: hessler at nic.com

Ian York   (york at mbcrr.harvard.edu)
Phone (617)-632-3921     Fax  (617)-632-2627