Outbreak (the movie)

Francisco Muril Zerbini fmzerbini at UCDAVIS.EDU
Sat Mar 18 03:40:37 EST 1995

On Sun, 12 Mar 1995, Karl Fischer wrote:

> While I echo the statements made by Patrick and Ian,

And so do I...

> I'm finding myself starting to field questions from friends and
> associates such as "Is this true? Has it happened before? Are you
> working on that kind of virus?". The

Just a funny note: after watching the movie, my wife told me "You should
work with something exciting like this, not those boring plant viruses of
yours !!"

Anyway, even she, a math major who knows very little about viruses,
realized that the "cure" that they came up with was bogus. She
immediately said "If it was that easy nobody would be dying of AIDS."