Outbreak (again)

hracette at interserv.com hracette at interserv.com
Mon Mar 20 22:46:15 EST 1995

>   bap at MED.PITT.EDU (Bruce Phillips) writes:
>   [etc.]
>  While the movie is entertaining and slickly done, it's "raison e'etre,
>  it is devastatingly inaccurate in portraying the science parts amidst an
>  ALMOST documentary atmosphere.  I think many people will see this movie and
>  fail to understand why HIV and other diseases can't be dealt with in a similar
>  fashion.
>    [etc.]

Bruce,

<< I think many people will see this movie and fail to understand why HIV and other diseases can't be dealt with in a similar fashion.>>

Could be.  Then again, I think most reasonably bright people recognize that the things they see at the movies are fiction.  I don't quite
understand the reaction this movie is generating in the scientific community.  Fiction is fiction, and most of us--even if we're
"non-scientific"--understand that.

Hank Racette   hracette at interserv.com

"When small men cast long shadows
 the sun is going down." - V. Cravens