HIV-1 vs HIV-2

Ian A. York york at mbcrr.dfci.harvard.edu
Wed Mar 22 12:13:16 EST 1995

In article <kfischer-2103951950450001 at duckter.glaxo.med.ualberta.ca> kfischer at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (Karl Fischer) writes:
>Hmmm..."large scale epidemics" of rabies...I know it is endemic in the fox
>population in certain areas of Europe but I've never heard of an epidemic
>of rabies. Anyone??

	In Ontario, where I worked as a vet for a few years, there were
periodic outbreaks of rabies in the local fox population.  One summer
there were sightings of rabidd foxes every day in the county; the next
year, there were none.  There were also damn few foxes left; before the
rabies outbreak, I had often seen foxes when I went out on early morning
calls; the next year I saw none.  Anecdotal, aure, but all the health
officials I spoke to took it for granted that rabies acted as an
epidemic, with a boom-and-bust cycle.

Ian
--
Ian York   (york at mbcrr.harvard.edu)
Phone (617)-632-3921     Fax  (617)-632-2627