Help: I need a plasmid: pGFP-N3 (green fluorescent protein)

Frances Hannan Zoology flh at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Fri Mar 31 07:05:04 EST 1995

Werner.Vogetseder at uibk.ac.at (Werner Vogetseder) writes:

>Six weeks ago I have ordered the plasmid pGFP-N3 by our local distributor
>(Biotrade, Vienna) which is a product offered by Clontech, Inc. Until now
>the local distributor and Clontech, Inc. were not able to tell me, when I
>will get this plasmid. Since I need this very urgently, I would ask
>someone, if she/he could send me an aliquot or tell me from where I could
>obtain it very rapidely.

According to the Clontech people at last weeks seminar on GFP in London
the GFP-N3 construct has not even been completed let alone put into
production. So you will unfortunately have to wait for it. It may be quicker
for you to use PCR to change the reading frame of your insert and stick it
in one of the other N vectors....

--
Frances Hannan
BILMS, Zoology, Downing St, Cambridge, CB2 3EJ, UK
flh at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk