Ebola virus outbreak in Africa

Dave Goldstein dgoldst at somasf.unm.edu
Fri May 12 13:08:03 EST 1995

In article <3ou2ch$hmv at news.onramp.net>, jaldr at onramp.net (James Aldridge)
wrote:

> >CDC type people never even tried to stop it
>
> This is grossly unfair to the many "CDC-type people" who worked very
> diligently to study and control this emerging disease.
>
> James Aldridge
> jaldr at onramp.net
> aldrjame at tenet.edu
> http://rampages.onramp.net/~jaldr

True. The CDC has done a lot of work on Ebola and Marburg Viruses, but I
think it may be unstoppable in the traditional sense, it may take a
'Presidential Directive' to stop it for good.
+ David Goldstein, University of New Mexico SOM Educational Computing
+ Coordinator
+------------------------------------------------------------------
+ Interspam:  dgoldst at peterpan.unm.edu
+ Bitspam:    dgoldst at unmb
+ DecSpam:    unmb::dgoldst
+ Faxspam:    Unknown at this time

+ Voicespam:  505-277-1992

+ SnailMailspam: UNM SOM, 915 Camino de Salud, Albuquerque, NM 87131

We do not believe any group of men adequate enough or wise enough to
operate without scrutiny or without criticism. We know that the only way to
avoid error is to detect it, that the only way to detect it is to be free
to inquire. We know that in secrecy error undetected will flourish and subvert.
J. Robert Oppenheimer
+ The opinions expressed here are mine, as usual.
+ Any others are someone else's, just leave UNM out of it.