Ok, so the CDC has confirmed..and other things!

Vampire Junction vampires at freenet.ufl.edu
Sat May 13 17:51:39 EST 1995

On 13 May 1995, SusanD4739 wrote:

> What kind of strain did the samples test positive for?

This mornings newspaper reported that "Officials at the CDC, who are
analyzing blood samples from the current outbreak in Zairesaid this virus
is *extremely similar* to the Ebola Zaire strain that ravaged Yambuku 19
years ago.  'You have a virus that over a 20 year period of time has
remained relatively intact' said CDC spokesman Bob Howard.    That in
itself is puzzling, because viruses such as Ebola are highly unstable and
prone to mutate.  There is no explanation yet for the similarity between
samples of the virus and the Zaire virus of 19 years ago.  The similarity
raises the question:  Has the Yambuku virus been biding its time for
nearly 20 years, incubating in living creatures such as mosquitoes or
pigs, only to erupt once again now in humans?"

Anyway, what i want to know, is if this epidemic is getting under contral
like the CDC says, why did they have to put a quarantine zone *120 miles*
around Kitwit.  Isn't that a little much for a disease that they say
hasn't killed very many people, and isn't *that* contagious?  They didn't
put up that big a quarantine last year in India during the Bubonic Plague
outbreak.  What's the deal here, are we being screwed by the CDC and
WHO?  Why do I have the feeling that half the know poulation of the world
would have to die before they'd admit something was wrong?  I'm sorry,
but I just don't buy what they're trying to feed us.
---Candy

"A vampire lives in a constant state of desire and disgust.  His nature
often revolts him but he doesn't have the will to deny his indulgences.
There's the killing, but there's also the pleasure, the sensuality, the
lust, the sheer ecstasy of it all."
                            "Stranger than Fiction" ---Forever Knight