Snooty Virologists-an apology

jwr at crocker.com jwr at crocker.com
Fri May 19 05:42:31 EST 1995

>   jwr at crocker.com writes:
>  Snooty Virologists! To all of you professionsal virilogists-my apologies for being interested in what is
happening in Zaire! I would think
>  you folks would find it encouraging that people out here in cyberspace do take an interest in such
things and from that interest and
>  from this medium known as the "Internet" some of us are learning just a bit more and just
possibly-through this learning processs,
>  although it might be somewhat inconvenient for some of you-may be able to make a contribution to
mankind. I will agree that much of
>  what's being posted is a waste of time reading-but it shows there is interest and that interest will be
the beginning of something good!
>  Be patient and understanding of us "simple folk". Keep up your good work and especially your
informative additions to this page.
>  Thanks!

          Thankyou to all of those who explained to me the proper use of this newsgroup. I now have a
much better idea as to the problems being created by all the "unscientific" and "lay" postings to this
newsgroup. For all of us not virologists-let's just read the stuff and "Post No More". I was wrong and I
humbly apologize. Keep up the good work virologists! I have a feeling that you folks are going to
become ever more important as time goes forth! I truly hope you are all appreciated. Thanks. jr